Saturday, May 14, 2011

Magazine Article

I am so excited and wanted to share the reason with our family and friends.

A few months ago, while we were still wintering in Arizona I ran across an email from Blue Magazine put out by Blue Cross/Blue Shield. It was one of those form emails that so many times get dumped in our spam folders.

Because I was in a “relaxed” atmosphere, which is how we are most of time while down there, I took the time to read it. It was asking for people, “seniors” that were still active to submit a short article about themselves to “possibly” be published in one of the upcoming magazines.

Needless to say, when I received an actual email from the editor a few weeks later, asking me if I could elaborate more on the few lines I had sent in earlier and also attach a picture associated with them, I was really starting to get excited. Someone actually reads the things we submit…huh…go figure!

When a proof was sent to me for approval before it went to press, more amazing was the fact that not a single word of my entry was changed or deleted. It was printed it exactly the way I wrote it!

Many of you may get this magazine if you are a senior and carry BC/BS Medicare insurance, which I did at the time. The article is on page 19.

Anyway, I’m so honored to have people read about Pat and I in our “old'” age, and what fun we are still having.

Below is the actual article layout that was printed in the “Blue Summer 2011” magazine.

If you click on the article you can read a larger version.

EPSON scanner image

No comments:

Post a Comment